A lifelong passion
Meg has always had a passion for children and education but it was not until her children began school that her passion for volunteering in the school started. She has been able to witness the amazing things that are happening inside Mechanicsburg Area School District. She has witnessed the evolvement of technology in the classroom, watched the administrators overcome the population rise, and witnessed all of the obstacles our educators have to overcome everyday but she has also witnessed how much these educators truly love their jobs and the community they work in.
She is passionate about empowering our teachers and maintaining the quality of Mechanicsburg's education for every child.
Dual Major: Sociology & English.
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Top of her class in both majors.
- ran & coordinated the high school tutoring program
- served as an officer of Golden Key National Honor Society.
- President of the Virginia Tech YMCA Student Programs.
University of Phoenix
Masters in Business Administration
United States Navy
Contract Negotiator – Civilian Employee
Naval Inventory Control Point
Philadelphia, PA | Mechanicsburg, PA
- negotiated contracts for the F/A-18 fighter jet, the Closed in Weapon System, Foreign Military Sales, and other items.
- awarded contracts that were up to $240 Million in value.
- setting up budgets, working within budgets, awarding legally sound contracts, negotiating all terms with vendors, and ensuring contract delivery.
- all of this had to be done with the good to the members of the Navy and also the taxpayer in mind.
PTO & Volunteering
Treasurer — Shepherdstown/Upper Allen PTO
Vice President – Mechanicsburg Middle School PTO
Vice President — MASD PTO Governing Board.
Volunteer with Junior Achievement in the classrooms.
As needed basis
Mechanicsburg Area School District
First hand experience:
- interact with the students and witness strengths and opportunities from their perspective
- total appreciation of the responsibility placed on the faculty and staff everyday